Today brings the first of our featured reader recipes for our great Cook with Avonmore competition.
Lorraine Brennan from Galway has entered her recipe for Salmon & Leek Pasta. Lorraine told Her.ie; ‘This is a recipe I came up with on my quest to lose a stone for my holidays this year. Using milk instead of cream makes it much healthier. I use this recipe quite often for supper in a hurry or lazy Sunday brunches. Even the fussiest of kids will also eat this!’
7 Ounces Dried Pasta
200 g smoked salmon
Half Head Broccoli
One Chopped Onion
4 cloves garlic
Splash White Wine
1 Cup Avonmore Milk
1) Heat up olive oil in frying pan and add chopped garlic, onion and leek. Cook until soft.
2) In a pan, cook the pasta for ten minutes.
3) Add the peas, sweetcorn and broccoli to the frying pan.
4) Add a splash of white wine and the milk to the mixture.
5) Sprinkle on the flour - this will thicken the mixture.
6) Drain the pasta.
7) At the last minute add the smoked salmon to the frying pan and allow it to cook through.
8) Serve the pasta in a bowl with the mixture on top.
9) Serve on it's own, or with a healthy salad.
If you'd like to share your own Cook with Avonmore recipe for the chance to win an amazing hamper, check out all the details here.