Easy to crack: 2 tried and tested ways to take your breakfast egg-game to the next level
You can never have too many eggs.
When it comes to breakfast you've got your boiled eggs, your fried eggs, your scrambled eggs, and your poached eggs.
Some of those options can be harder to crack, excuse the pun, than others. Like a poached egg. That is a very difficult task when you find yourself in a kitchen at home with simply an egg and some boiled water.
Well, never fear, because I've got two tips for improving your breakfast egg-game recipes below.
Here's a trick for anyone wanting to make the perfect poached egg at home without messing it up. All you need is a frying pan, some water, a little cup, and an egg.
And here's how you make them, perfect every time.
- Fill the frying pan halfway with water
- Bring water to the boil
- Put the egg in the little cup
- Then pour the egg out of the cup into the simmering water slowly and keep the cup close to the pan
- Leave for 3 minutes if you like a soft middle
It's not rocket science. It's just a little trick I learnt from my mom that I thought I would pass on.
Check out the above video, if you don't believe me.
Fluffy scrambled eggs
I saw this trick on TikTok and it looked like fun to try so I tried it. I genuinely didn't know if it was going to work... but it did. Here's how to make fluffy scrambled eggs using a colander.
- Make your scrambled egg mix in a bowl
- Get a frying pan and put it on medium heat
- Add in a decent bit of oil
- Leave it until it gets hot
- Get a sieve or colander and hold it above the pan
- Pour your scrambled egg mix into the colander
- Use a fork to mix around the egg when they land in the pan
- Cook for about 2 minutes
And that's it. Seriously.
Next level egg-game every time.