3 quick and easy meat-free dinners to try this week (and you can thank us later)
Whether you're a committed veggie, a flexitarian or just a 'meat-free Monday' kind of gal, we've got you covered.
Here are three delicious vegetarian dinners to have a go at this week. You'll have them done in a jiffy and they're so tasty you won't miss your meat at all.
1. Creamy Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta
Because you can't go wrong with pasta.
- ½ pound whole grain rotini or fusilli or penne pasta
- 1 pint (2 cups) cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium yellow squash, quartered vertically and then sliced into ¼-inch wide wedges
- 1 medium courgette, quartered vertically and then sliced into ¼-inch wide wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 small clove garlic
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
For instructions, head over to Cookie & Kate
2. Broccoli and Spinach Tortilla
It's like having breakfast for dinner.
4 large broccoli florets, boiled, drained well, chopped into small pieces
½ cup fresh spinach, blanched, drained well, and chopped into small pieces
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
tomato sauce, for serving
For instructions, head over to Goop.com
3. Grilled Pizza
Pizza. On the barbeque.
- 1 fully risen pizza dough
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 generous cup prepared tomato sauce
- 8 ounces aged mozzarella (sold in plastic, not water) (this amount is light on the cheese, use more if that’s your preference)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan or pecorino romano cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A few leaves of fresh basil, torn or sliced
For instructions, head over to Smitten Kitchen
(Feature image via Goop.com)