3 quick-and-easy smoothie recipes to start your day on a healthy note
Are you as obsessed with smoothies for breakfast as we are yet?
If not, then maybe you just haven tried the right, super-yummy recipes yet – in which case, check out these below and report back to us whether we have convinced you yet.
If yes, you are as hooked as we are, you might be looking for some new recipe inspiration to keep your smoothie game interesting – which is why we rounded up these super-tasty smoothies below for you (and us, tbh).
Go on; get blending.
1. Best-Ever Green Smoothie
Want to make sure you (or your kids) eat more greens? Well, then this smooothie is the perfect kick-starter for that. In fact, we'll go as far as calling it the green smoothie for all the green smoothie sceptics out there.
- 1 cup packed chopped curly kale
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen chopped mango
- 1 cup no sugar added 100% apple juice
Combine ingredients in a blender in the order listed then blend until very smooth and serve.
Recipe and images via Iowa Girls Eats
2. Raspberry + Coconut Smoothie
This is the perfect, fresh and delicious start to any morning – and literally tastes like summer in a glass.
Unsweetened coconut flakes
Coconut water (frozen in ice cubes)
1/2 frozen banana
For the coconut layer blend 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 6 oconut water cubes. Add to glass and rinse blender. Next, blend 1 cup raspberries (frozen if possible), 1/2 a frozen banana and 1/4 cup greek yogurt. This layer will be very tart. Add to glass. Garnish with coconut flakes. Enjoy!
Recipe and images via A Beautiful Mess
3. World's Best Watermelon Smoothie
Say hello to the most delicious, healthy, awesome slushie you've ever had.
Warning: You'll be craving this every morning forever more.
- 2 cups frozen cubed watermelon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon of honey or other sweetener to taste
- a few mint and/or basil leaves, if you want to take it to the next level
- Blend the watermelon and the water until smooth. Add the honey and mint and blend another 10-20 seconds until mostly smooth and the consistency of a slushy.
- Serve immediately!
Recipe and images via Pinch of Yum