Pancake Tuesday: AVOCA's buttermilk pancake recipe is so easy - and so good
Never again will you feel the need to reach for the store-bought buttermilk pancake mix.
You can stop looking – AVOCA has got you covered.
If you have yet to whip up a batch of pancakes in honour of Pancake Tuesday today, these light and fluffy buttermilk pancakes are honestly so worth a shot. And the best bit?
They could not be easier to make, and can be served up fresh with your favourite sweet and savoury toppings.
AVOCA Buttermilk Pancakes
Makes approx. 12 pancakes
- 2 eggs, plus 1 extra yolk
- 225g plain flour
- 1 dessertspoon of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 200ml buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- sieved butter, for frying
- Whisk the eggs and extra yolk into the flour. Add the sugar and salt and stir in the buttermilk along with the melted butter and baking powder, and a little extra water if required. You are aiming for a consistency similar to whipped cream.
- Depending on your flour, you may need to add a little more or less water. Test by spooning a little bit of the batter onto a lightly oiled frying pan - it should hold its shape well.
- Heat a suitable pan lightly brushed with oil. When hot, pour in just enough batter depending on the size you require. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear on top. Flip over and cook the other side until lightly browned. As you cook them, keep the pancakes warm piled on a plate in a warm oven for up to 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy!