This baked falafel will make the most perfect Monday night meal
We're on a health kick.
And OK yeah, while we tried our best to start our health kick last week, it's not really setting in until this week.
And after all, the start of the week is the perfect time to pick yourself back up again and make yourself to something delicious and healthy.
We've come across the most perfect Monday meal that is super healthy, as well as comforting - because nobody wants to be stuck eating a salad when they get home from work.
It takes 45 minutes to make and it's totally worth it. We found this one on Home Cooking Adventure:
Ingredients (to make 20)
- 250g dry chickpeas
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cumin, grounded
- 2 tsp coriander, grounded
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 or 3 tbsp oil, for greasing
- Put the chickpeas in a large bowl and cover with water. The chickpeas will grow in volume while soaking. Soak for 12 to 24 hours, I usually leave them overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200C).
- Chop parsley or/and cilantro and onion and place in the bowl of your food processor.
- Add garlic, flour and baking soda. Add spices salt and pepper. Process until everything is well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chickpeas on the food processor's bowl. Process until chickpeas are minced, not puree. You will probably need to scrape down the sides in the process.
- Add the chickpeas to the herbs mixture and stir to combine well.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil. Form balls and flatten them into thick patties. Put the falafel on the baking sheet and brush with a bit of oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side and for about 10-15 minutes on the other side until golden.
- Serve with pita bread, fresh vegetable and hummus or tahini sauce.