Chilli chocolate with Baileys is the delicious post-dinner drink we'll be having on Christmas Day
Chilli chocolate with Baileys, the delicious post-dinner drink we didn't know we needed.
Festive-themed, cosy drinks are ideal at Christmas time and if you've had your fill of mulled wine and want to try something different, we have the perfect substitute.
Easy to make, looks the part and a warming treat to curl up with by the fire after all the mayhem of dinner preparations, present opening and various visitors trawling through the house.
Serve it with hot churros and people will be talking about your hosting skills for months to come. Alternatively, you can could melt some chocolate with cinnamon sticks to create a delicious festive fondue?
In fact, if the recipe goes down a treat on the big day, you can recycle it and charm your guests with your special hot chocolate recipe over the holiday season.
Here's what you need:
- Baileys Original Irish Cream 50ml (Units: 0.9)
- Malt drink powder 30g
- Camp Coffee Syrup 50g
- Oat milk 125g
- Ancho chilli 2 pinches (between thumb and forefinger) (1g)
- Red chilli flakes 2 pinches (0.8g)
Here's what you do:
- Blend the malt drink powder, the Camp Coffee, Ancho chillis and the chilli flakes with the oat milk until it has dissolved and then strain through a fine sieve
- Combine 100ml of the malt drink with 50ml of Baileys Original Irish Cream, then add 100ml of boiling water
- Stir and pour into a mug
- Garnish with toasted or chocolate drizzled marshmallows. For a spicy touch add a pinch of chilli flakes
- For an added Instagram wow factor, drizzle your marshmallows in a variety of different chocolates. YUM.