Feeling brunchy? This mushroom and potato hash will hit the spot
Yum, yum and yum.
Want a quick brunch recipe that will taste delish and keep you full? We got you.
Potatoes aren't always the first food that comes to mind at breakfast time but given how nutritious and filling they are, they're an ideal way to start the day.
We're also suckers for mushrooms so we absolutely love this dish.
This potato and mushroom hash is super comforting and also versatile enough that you can cook it over and over and won't get tired of it. Top it with poached eggs and mashed avocado for a moreish main or make it the ultimate side dish by adding in some chopped bacon or chorizo and serving with a dollop of sour cream.
As a bonus, it's also gluten free and veggie. To make it vegan, simply swap the butter for more olive oil.
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 600g baby potatoes, chopped but not peeled
- 300g mushrooms, chopped in quarters
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Sprinkle of dried rosemary
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Sea salt and pepper
- Large knob of butter
- Add the butter to a medium hot pan, followed by the onion and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until they're tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, bring the heat up and add the potatoes. Fry for a few minutes until they start to get crispy.
- Add the rosemary, paprika, sea salt and pepper. Lower the heat slightly, cover the pan and cook for around ten minutes to allow the insides to cook.
- Uncover, bring the heat back up and continue to fry to crisp them up more. Add the mushrooms back in to heat for a few minutes and then serve.