2 years ago
Hungover? The 8 minute garlic bacon toastie is what you absolutely NEED
Was your morning spent mending a sore head and deleting your Instagram story?
Yeah, you're not the only one.
On a day like this, one where the fear is unimaginable and the bank balance is terrifying - it calls for one thing and one thing only. Proper grub.
And we are all about that kind-of-grub that makes you feel warm inside, setting you up perfectly for a nap on the couch. AKA, the ultimate cure.
And so, I present you with this easy yet delish recipe for a "garlic bacon buttie" which, takes literally no time and just the ingredients in your fridge to make.
- 6 rashers rindless back bacon
- 1 white country loaf
- butter for spreading
- 3 tbsp tomato chutney
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled, cut in half
- Heat a griddle or frying pan, then cook the bacon for three minutes each side or until golden and crisp.
- Cut six thick slices from the loaf and butter each one (on one side). Spread the chutney evenly over 3 slices of the bread and top each with 2 rashers of bacon. Top with the other slices of bread, buttered side down, then press together well.
- Return the butties to the pan over a medium heat (you'll have to do this in batches), then toast for 2-3 mins each side until golden. Remove from pan, then rub both sides with cut side of the garlic clove. Cut the butties in half and serve straight away.
Quick, easy and seriously DELISH.
We suggest serving these with a glass of milk or OJ followed by a bar of Dairy Milk and a cup of TAE.