The quick homemade recipe for easy-to-make French toast
Making Mondays a little better.
Mondays can be tough. Waking up wondering where the weekend went to, the mornings are often slow starters filled with lots and lots of caffeine.
Well, now we've got some inspiration to make our morning a little bit better thanks to this delish recipe.
With just five simple ingredients that you more than likely already have in your kitchen cupboards, you can make this seriously tasty French toast dish.
Ingredients (Four Portions)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 60 ml of milk
- 4 slices of bread
- Beat the egg, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow dish and stir in milk slowly.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan.
- Place bread onto the pan, and cook on a medium heat until browned on both sides.
Add some chopped fruit for a sweet breakfast or cook off rashers for a savoury take that will leave you fuller for longer.