Try it: the fried mash potato waffles that will cure your hangover
It's the weekend.
Whether you're heading out with the girls, having a glass of wine at home, or doing absolutely nothing at all - these grilled potato waffles will hit the spot for anyone.
They're cheesy, and crispy as well as being fluffy on the inside... and basically just delightful altogether.
We found the recipe on Delish and already can't wait to make them from leftover mash potatoes.
- 3 cups of cooked mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- freshly sliced chives, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, stir together mashed potatoes, flour, eggs, 2 tablespoons chives, garlic powder, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with cooking spray. Add about 1/4 cup of batter to your waffle iron and cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer waffles to a medium baking sheet in a single layer.
- When all waffles are made, preheat your broiler to high and top waffles with cheese. Broil until melty, then top with bacon and the remaining chives.