Here's what you can order on McDonald's new limited Drive-Thru menu in Dublin
Lads, McDonald's is back open.
Well, six Drive-Thrus are currently open in Dublin, and that's good enough for us.
The restaurants opened with limited capacity this morning, serving up all those delicious treats that so many of us have been missing for so long.
The options are limited, but there's a fair few bits on there, so enjoy.
Warning: there's no twisty fries or milkshakes. But listen, we will rebuild.
The limited menu, which is available to purchase via Drive-Thru in Kylemore Road, East Wall, Artane, Malahide Road, and Tallaght includes:
- Big Mac
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese
- Chicken McNuggets
- Double Cheeseburger
- McChicken Sandwich
- Veggie Deluxe
- French Fries
- Chicken Selects
- Mozzarella Dippers, and
- Happy Meals
There's also a load of drinks and McFlurries available to buy too, so you know, a very decent selection from the lads.
There is a cap of €30 spend per car, to ensure that as many customers as possible can be served by a small kitchen team.
A statement on the McDonald's Ireland website says that the company has used the last few weeks to seek the views of both customers and employees on phased reopening, as well as to conduct practice runs of how this might work.
In order to uphold appropriate social distancing, the restaurants will have fewer staff members working on each shift. The chain has also added protective Perspex screens into its kitchens and service areas.
The statements also outlined these further measures for reopening:
- The restaurants will be open for shorter hours than previously, from 11am to 10pm.
- They will be offering reduced menu options.
- The restaurants have been deep cleaned before re-opening.
- McDonald's staff have been issued with non medical grade PPE and hand sanitiser.
- Contactless thermometers will be used to check their temperatures on a daily basis.
- They will be required to wash their hands every 30 minutes.
You can check out McDonald's limited Drive-Thru menu for Dublin here.