If you're not making your overnight oats in used Nutella jars you're not living life to its full potential
You heard it here first.
Overnight oats are good. Nutella is also good. Overnight oats made with Nutella are also very good.
But have you ever made your overnight oats in an almost-empty Nutella jar, leaving them there to stew overnight with the remnants of the Nutella on the sides of the jar, too difficult to scrape out with a knife, but too precious to go to waste?
If you haven't, lads, you're missing out.
Nutella jar overnight oats do what they say on the tin (or the jar, if you will).
The oats are left to soak overnight in the fridge, but instead of soaking in a regular old jar, they're in a Nutella jar that is pretty much fit for the bin.
Except it's not ready to be binned just yet, because there's still some Nutella in there. And you're about to eat every single scrap of it.
- A nearly empty Nutella jar
- 50g oats
- 100ml milk of choice
- Squeeze of honey
- Any other toppings you'd like
1. Instead of cleaning out and recycling your finished Nutella jar, keep it. Poor your oats into the jar to about the half way mark, combining the dry oats with the tasty Nutella ends.
2. Add your milk and honey, close the jar, and shake well. Top with whatever other toppings you'd like to include and leave to chill in the fridge overnight.
3. Take it out the next morning, and enjoy directly from the Nutella jar. When you're finished, clean the jar out and recycle as normal. Or keep using it as an overnight oats jar! Whichever suits.