Looking to whip up something special? Then you'll love these mini pancakes
For the day that is in it, we are breaking our diets that we never actually started but will always begin "next Monday" and instead whipping up some seriously cute pancakes.
What good are pancakes if they aren't ascetically pleasing and instagrammable anyways eh?
One of the most pinned recipes on Pinterest for pancakes are these little stacks with Nutella and strawberries. Delish!
So to make these fab pancakes this is what you need...
- 100g Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 250ml Milk
- Pinch of salt
- Strawberries (sliced)
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Red card
- Tooth picks
- Put your flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Add the egg and whisk to make a paste.
- Next add in half the milk and bring it into a smooth batter.
- Stir in the rest of the milk slowly and then whisk until it’s smooth and bubbly!
- Pour the batter into a squeezy bottle (optional).
- Brush a frying pan with oil and heat on high until it is piping hot.
- Squeeze (or spoon) the batter into circles roughly 1.5 inches wide in the pan.
- Let the pancakes cook for roughly 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully flip and cook for a further 2 mins or until golden!
- Repeat until you have used up all of the pancake batter.
- Let the pancakes cool slightly before spreading with Nutella and stack with a slice of strawberry in between each (maximum 4 mini pancakes per stack).
- Secure with a tooth pick.
- Draw and cute out red hearts for each of your pancake stacks.
- Fasten the heart to the top of the tooth pick with a drop of glue.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar before serving (optional).
Recipe courtesy of Supper in the Suburbs.