Here's a marbled chocolate cheesecake recipe that quite literally may change your life
Pass the drool emoji.
It's that time of the day, folks.
The time where a much loved recipe from a popular eatery is released into the wild and we, the general public, ogle it knowing full well that will never bother making it in our lives.
Still, it's nice to dream.
AVOCA recently released the recipe for their marbled chocolate cheesecake - and in fairness to them, it doesn't actually look all that difficult to make.
Still though, rather them than us.
Ingredients for the cheesecake:
- 150g dark chocolate
- 700g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
Ingredients for the base:
- 100g roast hazelnuts
- 140g toasted flaked almonds
- 140g caster sugar
- 8g salt
- 40g cocoa powder
- 120g butter melted
Method for the cheesecake mix:
1. Place a Pyrex bowl on top of a saucepan of gently simmering water.
2. Add the dark chocolate and allow to melt, once melted take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Method for the base:
1. Add roasted hazelnuts to a food processor. Pulse a couple of times so that some of the nuts are a little powdery and some are just crushed still with lots of texture. Mix with the cocoa, sugar, salt and melted butter.
2. Line an 8” cheesecake tin with parchment paper. Push the mixture down about 1.5cm in thickness. Bake for 10-15 mins at 140 C. It should look like the surface of a freshly baked cookie. Take out of the oven and allow to cool.
3. Split the cheesecake mix between two bowls. Keep one half of the mix plain, whisk the melted chocolate into the other half of the mix.
4. Spread some of the plain mix onto the base followed by some of the chocolate mix, swirling one layer into another to create a beautiful marbled effect, continue until all the mixture is finished. Bake at 135 C for 35 minutes.
5. Open the oven door to allow most of the heat to escape, when it has cooled down slightly close the oven door and allow to cool fully overnight in the oven.