McDonald's walk-in takeaway services to reopen this month
"We are confident the new processes in place will further enhance our already robust safety measures."
McDonald's is to begin reopening some of its restaurants to walk-in takeaway customers again this week.
The company closed a month ago and had been limiting its services to drive through only during the Level 5 restrictions.
McDonald's said a small number of restaurants would reopen this week on a trial basis with some safety measures introduced.
But the plan is to reopen the majority of restaurants for walk-in takeaway services across Ireland from Monday 22, February, the restaurant chain said.
The company said it had worked closely with a third party company, NSF International, to review and enhance its safety procedures.
"New safety measures being introduced include visors as well as face coverings for customer facing employees, revised guidance and processes for our couriers to support their safe working and enhanced processes for managing customer and courier flow in restaurants," McDonald's said in a statement.
"Once again, we would like to thank our franchisees, managers and employees for their ongoing commitment in supporting and implementing all of our updated procedures.
"The wellbeing of our people, as well as our suppliers, couriers and our customers remains our top priority, and we are confident the new processes in place will further enhance our already robust safety measures."