Recipe: Jamie Oliver's Crispy salmon tacos are sure to spice up your week
Crispy, creamy, delicious.
If you're in the market for a delicious homemade dinner this week (and honestly, who isn't?), we have certainly got you covered today.
In his latest cookbook, 7 Ways by Jamie Oliver, Jamie whips up a simple taco recipe that will leave you questioning why you don't eat more delicious savoury Mexican treats - especially when they're so tasty and so easy.
With Cajun spice, mango, sweet cherry tomatoes and lime, these Crispy salmon tacos are everything one could possibly want from a delightful mid-week dinner.
And they're super simple to make do. Did we mention that?
You'll need (serves 2, total time: 20 minutes):
- 160g ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
- 1 small ripe mango
- ½ a small ripe avocado
- 2 spring onions
- 2 x 130g salmon fillets, skin on, scaled, pin-boned, from sustainable sources
- 2 heaped teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 small tortillas
- 2 limes
Photography: Levon Biss.
1. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Destone, peel and roughly chop the mango. Scoop out the avocado and finely slice. Trim and finely slice the spring onions. Carefully cut the skin off the salmon and place it in a non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat to crisp up on both sides.
2. Pat the Cajun seasoning all over the salmon fillets, then fry for 5 minutes, turning to get them golden on each of their sides. Once the skin is crispy, move it to sit on top of the salmon.
3. Meanwhile, use tongs to toast the tortillas directly over the flame of your gas hob for 15 seconds, or use a hot pan. Sprinkle the mango, avocado and spring onions over the tortillas, then flake over the salmon and crack over the skin.
4. Toss the tomatoes and the juice of 1 lime in the residual heat of the pan for 30 seconds, then spoon over the tortillas. Serve with lime wedges, for squeezing over.
Energy: 584kcal. Fat: 24.6g. Sat fat: 5.8g. Protein: 35g. Carbs: 59.5g. Sugars: 17g. Salt: 1.8g. Fibre: 4.1g.
7 Ways by Jamie Oliver is published by Penguin Random House © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited (2020 7 Ways). Photography: Levon Biss.