Growing your own veg? Here are some delicious recipes you can make using ingredients from your herb garden
Brought to you by Mash Direct
Put your herb garden to use with these delicious recipes.
Over the last year or so, a lot of us have taken an increased interest in gardening and growing our own veg and herbs.
Not only is it a great hobby, it also means you'll have some delicious organic ingredients on hand to use in any dish you're making.
Mash Direct want us to keep the trend of growing your own veg in 2021, and are challenging you to Grow Your Own this summer. Be it a herb garden or your own veg plot, there are endless benefits of growing your own food.
You can also learn more about Grow Your Own here.
If you're new to gardening, it can be hard to know where to start. That's why Mash Direct are making the process a little bit easier, with an incredible giveaway. For a chance to win some handy tools that will bring your garden to the next level, just keep reading...
But first, we've put together some delectable recipes for you to try out, featuring ingredients you're probably growing in your own herb garden.
For this delicious meat-lover's dream, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Two 170 gram beef burgers
- 6 large basil leaves (3 per burger)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large ball of Mozzarella, sliced
- 1 pack of Mash Direct Beer Battered Onion Rings
- 2 brioche burger buns
- 1 pack of Mash Direct Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 tbsp of low fat mayo
- 2 tbsp of green pesto
Now that you have your ingredients in order, here's what you need to do...
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4 and heat a tbsp of vegetable oil in a heavy based pan over a medium to high heat.
- Cook Mash Direct Sweet Potato Fries and Beer Battered Onion Rings as per packet instructions.
- Season the beef burgers with salt and pepper and cook in the preheated pan for 3-5 minutes. Flip the burger and top with a slice of mozzarella. Then cover the burgers with a lid and remove when they are cooked, and the mozzarella has melted.
- Lightly toast the burger buns and top with pesto mayo, burger, a slice of tomato, basil leaves and an onion ring. Serve with Mash Direct’s Sweet Potato Fries and Beer Battered Onion Rings.
Mini Loaded Potatoes
For this quick and simple option, you only need four ingredients:
- 1 pack of Mash Direct Chilli Baby Bakes
- 100g of diced chorizo
- 150g of sour cream
- 4-6 chives, chopped
Once you have your ingredients ready, you're only a few short steps away from a delicious meal for two...
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Cook Mash Direct Chilli Baby Bakes as per the packet instructions.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a heavy based pan over a medium to high heat and add your diced chorizo. No need for oil as the chorizo will release their natural oils as they cook.
- Once crispy and the oil is a rich red colour, transfer the chorizo to a paper towel and keep warm.
- Add half the chopped chives to the sour cream, season to taste and mix.
- Top Mash Direct’s Chilli Baby Bakes with a generous dollop of sour cream and top with the remaining chives, chorizo and finish with a drizzle of chorizo oil!
Mash Direct are giving you the chance to WIN your very own Grow Your Own Kit or Gro-zone Greenhouse! Simply pick up a promotional pack in store and enter the unique code from the reverse of the sticker at www.mashdirect.com/growyourown to be entered into a weekly prize draw!
For more information on Mash Direct and on how to Grow Your Own, click here
Brought to you by Mash Direct