Restaurants In Three Counties Were Served With Closure Orders Last Month
Six closure orders were issued to food businesses and restaurants in Ireland last month by The Food Safety Authority of Ireland.
Establishments in Dublin, Wexford and Louth were all ordered to close during the month of February.
Stockwell Artisan Foods in Drogheda, Co. Louth was issued a closure order under the FSAI Act, 1998.
The following restaurants were issued closure orders under the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010.
- Orchid Harbour (restaurant), Main Street, Kilmuckridge, Wexford
- Mad Cow Milkshakes, Burgers & Kebabs (take away), 1 Annamoe Road, Cabra, Dublin 7
- Little Ass Burrito Bar (restaurant) (closed activity: preparation & cooking of raw chicken only), 32A Dawson Street, Dublin 2
- Mamas Revenge (restaurant), 12 Leinster Street South, Dublin 2
- Kelleghan Catering Limited (closed activity: preparation and supply of ready to eat food to other food businesses), Convent Street/Main Street, Tallow, Waterford
FSAI chief executive Dr Pamela Byrne: “There can be no excuse for putting consumers’ health at risk through negligent practices.
“Food businesses must recognise that they have a legal responsibility to make sure that the food they sell or serve is safe to consume.
“We are re-emphasising to all food businesses the need for ongoing and consistent compliance with food safety and hygiene legislation.
“This requires putting appropriate food safety management procedures in place and making sure they are strictly adhered to at all times.”
More information on businesses served with closure orders can be found here.