The DIY coffee butter that will give your brunch a serious upgrade
If you thought your morning latte is the pretty much the best thing ever, think again, ladies.
We have come across an invention so delicious sounding we will be rushing home from work today to rustle some up, for sure.
Say hello to coffee butter – AKA the best thing to happen to toast since, well, butter.
This DIY concoction uses finely ground coffee in an easy homemade butter – and the result is nothing short of mouthwatering.
And never mind just good, aul' toast. This spread is begging you to put it pastries like scones, croissants or even a wholemeal muffin.
Looks like brunch just got a major upgrade.
2 cups heavy cream
¾ cup ground coffee
2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Cheesecloth, for wringing
Flaked salt, for garnish
1. In a tall airtight container, add the heavy cream and stir in the ground coffee until it's completely mixed.
2. Close the container with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
3. Strain the coffee mixture, making sure to push through as much milk fat as possible, while keeping out the sediment.
4. Discard the ground coffee and transfer the strained liquid to the base of a food processor.
5. Add the sugar and kosher salt, and spin the mixture until the fat forms into butter and the liquid separates.
6.Transfer the mixture to a large piece of cheesecloth and wring out any excess liquid.
7. Transfer the butter to a small condiment bowl, garnish with flaked salt and use immediately or store in the refrigerator for later.