The only summer salad recipe you'll ever need – and it could not be easier
The perfect summer food.
Summer is for easy living. Lazy mornings, laid-back BBQs, slow walks on the beach or in the park.
And when it comes to cooking, I am far more about assembling than I am about actual cooking.
Which is why salads are my go-to every summer – fresh, tasty, easy salads that can be enjoyed on their own and alongside pretty much anything else.
Speaking of easy salads – M&S just shared a recipe for Panzanella – a staple, super-simple Italian salad that boasts the sunshine flavours of ripe tomatoes, creamy burrata, fragrant basil and peppery olive oil shine – all wrapped up in one.
Oh – and is a great way to use up leftover bread.
- 500g Summer Selection tomatoes, halved
- Flaked sea salt
- 1 tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 100g stale bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 10g fresh basil leaves, torn, plus extra to serve
- 1 burrata, drained
- Add the tomatoes to a large bowl, season generously with sea salt, drizzle with the vinegar, toss well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- When the tomatoes have marinaded, tear the stale bread into smallish pieces.
- Toss the olive oil through the tomatoes, add in the bread, torn basil leaves and some freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
- Serve on a platter topped with the burrata, a drizzle of olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and more torn basil.
Serve and enjoy!