This peanut butter french toast recipe is just what Saturday mornings were made for
Okay, so now that the weekend is here, we're all about the breakfast favourites...only, with lots of added chocolate, Nutella and - in this case - peanut butter.
We stumbled across this recipe for peanut butter french toast from Delish and, honestly, it looks like the stuff dreams were made of.
Here's what you need...
For the filling
Here's what you need to do....
- Start by making the peanut butter filling. In a big bowl - and using a hand mixer, if one is available - mix the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar, peanut butter, heavy cream and salt - and, again, mix until smooth.
- Place it in a ziplock bag or a piping bag and set it aside.
- Cut a slit, 2'' in length, into the bottom of each slice of brioche. This will create a pocket at the bottom of each slice. Fill each of the pockets with the peanut butter mixture.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla until combined. Working one slice at a time, dip bread until fully soaked, 45 seconds.
- Melt the butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook two slices of bread at a time until they are golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat to cook all slices.
- Place cinnamon sugar on a large shallow plate and coat the cooked French toast in cinnamon sugar. Serve topped with bananas and a drizzle of maple syrup.