The three-step pumpkin spiced latte that you are going to need in your life
When it comes to this time of year, there are two types of people.
Those who are really, really doing everything that they possibly can to hold no to the last days of summer. And those who are already about to break out the big comfy jumpers and embrace all things cosy - also known as to those who just want it to be fall already.
We would, admittedly, probably fall into the latter category. Especially after hearing the news that Starbucks is getting ready to release their Pumpkin Spice Latte in the USA next week (no word on when it will be in Ireland).
The cosy drink has become a firm favourite of coffee lovers over the last few years as the days and nights start to get colder.
And if you're ready to get a jumpstart on the season, Inspired Taste have got just the recipe to help.
Here's what you need
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of sugar (it all depends on how sweet you actually like your coffee)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice, with more for serving.
- 1/2 cup of strong, hot coffee
- Whipped cream for serving
There's some good news, though, as it doesn't take long to whip up - so you'll have your cosy mug of coffee in next to no time flat.
Here's what you need to do
- Put the milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat. Make sure it is hot - but do not boil.
- Take the saucepan off of the heat and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and - last but by no means least - the coffee.
- Split up the mixture between the two mugs, then top it with whipped cream (and some pumpkin pie spice).
Don't have pumpkin pie spice at hand? No problem - especially since you've probably got the ingredients to make it already at home.
All you have to do is mix up 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg and a pinch of ground cloves.