These vegan and gluten-free fajitas are everything we need for a Friday night feast
Brought to you by BFree Foods
Hello, Fajita Fridays.
It's safe to say, we're raving about this new fajita recipe.
Bursting with flavour, simple to prepare (yet looking mighty impressive) and gluten-free (should you or your dinner guests need), you can alter these fajitas in so many ways to help suit various preferences. So, we just HAD to share the recipe with you.
For this recipe, we will be using the BFree Foods scrumptious sweet potato wraps which you can find in the 'Free From' section of most supermarkets (our favourite section tbh).
Now, though, without further ado, the recipe for these fantastic fajitas:
- 1 packet BFree Sweet Potato Wraps
- 1 packet of pulled jackfruit (you can find this in a lot of supermarkets now including most Asian supermarkets)
- 4 corn on the cobs
- 2 tbsp light oil
For the filling
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Small bunch spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1-2 jalapeno chilli, thinly sliced (or more if you like to keep things spicy!)
- Small bunch coriander
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Vegan Sriracha mayo
- Small punnet fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Either in a hot oven or under, on a BBQ or under the grill, char the sweetcorn by rubbing with the oil and place in, under, or on top of the heat and turn regularly.
- In a large frying pan, add the pulled jackfruit and cook per the packet instructions.
- When the sweetcorn is ready, remove the husks with a sharp knife and set aside
- When you are ready to serve, warm up the BFree Wrap either by wrapping in foil and placing in the oven for 5 minutes or in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- When you're ready to serve, top each tortilla with avocado slices, pulled jackfruit, a few spoons of charred corn, shredded red cabbage, chopped tomatoes, spring onions, jalapenos, a drizzle of sriracha mayo, and a few coriander leaves.
- Serve with a wedge of lime on the side.
Gone are the days where vegans had to resort to chewing on celery for dinner or coeliacs forced to consume gluten-free 'bread' that tastes somewhat like cardboard. Thank goodness too.
The good folks at BFree Foods are here to make sure that we are free to indulge in all the great tastes food has to offer, despite our various dietary requirements. They make loads of allergen-free products that you can use for any meal occasion and, here's the thing, they actually taste great.
They're the perfect range of products if you're thinking about making a change in your diet but are worried that you might feel restricted.
If you're still sceptical, just have a try of these fajitas and see for yourself.
Brought to you by BFree Foods
We're not just Free From, we're Free To...
BFree believes that you can live free without having to compromise on flavour and quality. Their great-tasting products are created with carefully chosen free-from ingredients that allow you to indulge, savour, or devour. Their product portfolio stretches from wraps to pittas to pizza bases, to name just a few. Visit the BFree Foods website for more information.