We'll be making this festive cocktail on repeat all Christmas
Christmas is finally here.
After what, to most of us, is a hectic run-up to the festive season, it is finally time to kick back and just let the festive spirit take hold.
And if you are looking for a really great way to celebrate, we think this cocktail pretty much is holiday season in a glass.
Serve it up to your guests as they arrive – or just make one for yourself – because lord knows you probably deserve a drink right about now.
Christmas Latte Martini by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio
For the sugar syrup
100g Siucra Caster Sugar
1 espresso coffee shot
4 tbsp of ice
Siucra Granulated Sugar for the glass and raspberries
Beaten egg white
Large rosemary sprig
To prepare the sugar syrup
1. Pour the sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce the heat, simmer for about 6 to 7 minutes until a light syrup forms.
2. Leave to cool completely. This will keep in your fridge for 2 to 3 weeks.
To decorate the glass
1. Dip a small brush into the egg white and brush around the rim of the glass, dip the glass into the granulated sugar and leave to dry.
1. Thread 3 or 4 raspberries onto a long rosemary sprig and brush the berries with egg white, sprinkle with the granulated sugar and set aside.
2. Once cold, add 3 tbsp of the sugar syrup into a shaker, add the vodka, espresso coffee shot and cream and plenty of ice.
3. Shake well and strain into the martini glass. Place the raspberry rosemary sprig on the side and enjoy.