Happy World Cocktail Day: 3 alluring yet simple recipes to help you celebrate in style
Would've been better to have this fall on a Friday, but look, here we are.
Today is World Cocktail Day - a time for thinking about cocktails, making cocktails, and of course drinking cocktails.
Lockdown has unfortunately meant that for the most part, we have had to go without incredibly mixed, delectable drinks. However, that doesn't mean that we can't go ahead and make our own - with minimal effort, too.
Because thankfully, the guys over at Discover NI have put together a few recipes that can be enjoyed all across the county - and they're not that difficult to make either.
Each cocktail features ingredients from artisan producers local to Northern Ireland, including Belfast Artisan Distillery Gin, Bushmills Irish Whiskey, and Boatyard Vodka.
The drinks can of course be made using whatever you've got to hand - and can even be made entirely alcohol-free if that's your vibe - but if you're after the full, authentic cocktail experience, it might be worth sticking to what's here.
They sound unreal, in fairness.
Boatyard Espresso Martini
- 35ml Boatyard Vodka
- 15ml coffee liqueur
- 50ml espresso
- 10ml sugar syrup
- Add all ingredients into your cocktail shaker with ice and shake hard
- Double strain into a coupe glass
- Garnish with coffee beans (optional)
Bushmills Honey Highball
- 35ml of Bushmills Original
- 20ml fresh lemon juice
- 15ml honey liqueur
- 10ml triple sec
- Ginger ale
- Lemon peel
- Pour 35ml of Bushmills Original into a tall glass
- Add 20ml fresh lemon juice, 15ml honey liqueur and 10ml triple sec
- Shake together and strain over cubed ice
- Top with ginger ale and garnish with lemon peel
- Serve in a highball glass
Belfast Artisan Clover Club Cocktail
- 50ml Belfast Artisan Distillery Gin
- 25ml raspberry syrup
- 25ml fresh lime juice (or lemon Juice)
- 25ml egg white
- Mix liquid ingredients together in a cocktail shaker or glass
- Add ice and shake all together until you feel the ice forming on the glass or tin
- Double strain into a martini glass and garnish with fresh raspberries
Enjoy 'em, yeah? But responsibility, as always.