This super simple pasta recipe is your saviour if you're stuck for time
For the week that's in it.
If you've running around all over the place this week trying to catch up with yourself after Christmas and have no time to fix up a proper meal then this pasta recipe is going to be your new best friend.
It's plain and simple, but totally tasty and will take less than a half hour to whip up.
We found the recipe to this cacio e pepe on Delish, where is says it is best "to toast the pepper in butter. It only needs a minute or so to get nice and fragrant."
So, without further ado, here's a nice and easy recipe for cacio e pepe:
- 1/2 lb. pasta
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 2/3 cup pasta water and drain pasta.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter with oil. Add a generous amount of black pepper and toast until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add 1/3 cup reserved pasta water and bring to simmer. Whisk in butter then, using tongs, toss pasta into butter mixture.
- Add cheeses and toss constantly until cheese is melty, removing skillet from heat when about half the cheese has melted. (If sauce is too thick, loosen with more pasta water.)
Serve, and enjoy!