This quick 60 second trick can help to cure insomnia
There’s nothing quite as frustrating as the endless hours of insomnia.
Lying in your bed, cursing those imaginary sheep and watching the hours tick-by on a clock can leave you frustrated and close to tears.
So what if we told you there’s a breathing technique that’s proven to help you squash those sleepless nights?
The Harvard endorsed technique is centred around focussed breathing – letting oxygen better fill the lungs and in turn relax and calm both your body and mind.
Dubbed the 4-7-8 breathing method, here are the five simple steps to a deep slumber:
- Exhale completely through your mouth. This should make a ‘whoosh’ sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose, mentally counting to four.
- Hold your breath and count to seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a ‘whoosh’ sound again. This time exhaling to a count of eight.
- This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
The simple technique lulls you into a sleeping state.
Definitely worth a try.
What have you got to lose?