Recipe: Dairy-Free Chocolate Brownies
One of favourite treats to eat here at Her.ie, is undoubtedly, the glorious chocolate brownies - we really can't get enough of them!
This recipe for tasty, dairy-free, brownies comes from Laura Kenny, who runs the Dairy Free Kids blog.
"I am a Mom of two young boys both of whom have a dairy intolerance" she says.
"My older boy is four and my younger boy is one. It has been a long journey from finding out my child has a dairy intolerance through to realisation of exactly what that means day to day for him to reaching a stage where it is second nature for all of us. For my older child it was all new, a big learning curve."
Delicious Dairy-Free Brownies
- 125g dairy-free margarine
- 300g caster sugar
- 100g dairy-free chocolate
- 50g ground almonds
- 80g cocoa
- 70g self-raising Flour
- 4 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (170C for fan oven). Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Break up the chocolate and melt with the margarine in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
3. Stir until glossy and set aside.
4. Mix the flour, sugar, almonds and cocoa and then pour into the chocolate mixture.
5. Beat the eggs in a cup and add to the bowl. Mix until smooth.
6. Pour into tin and bake for 25 minutes. The top will be hard but inside will be very soft.
7. Allow to cool and cut into pieces. Dust with icing sugar.
8. Serve warm with dairy free vanilla ice-cream.
Recipe courtesy of Laura Kenny of Dairy Free Kids