Lionel Richie Confirmed For Glastonbury 2015
Music legend Lionel Richie has been confirmed for next year’s Glastonbury line-up, taking the Sunday teatime slot on the infamous Pyramid stage.
The Motown singer, whose famous hits include ‘All Night Long’, ‘Hello’ and ‘Dancing on the Ceiling’ is the first confirmed artist for the iconic festival.
The 65-year old follows in the footsteps of Dolly Parton and Beyonce to claim the first spot in this year’s line-up at Worthy Farm.
Confirming the news in a statement, Richie says he’s excited to play the “iconic” festival:
"I'm really excited to play Glastonbury next year as it's one of the most iconic festivals in the world.
"It has a phenomenal history and the alumni of artists who have previously played is incredible so I'm honoured to be joining that club. It will be a really special moment for me and I can't wait to share it with everyone. I can now say 'Yes, I'm playing Glastonbury.'"
The June gig will mark the US singer’s first UK festival ever.
Speaking about their signing, festival organiser Emily Eavis said:
"We are over the moon. We felt very lucky to get the call from a true Motown legend asking to play next year. He's got so many amazing songs, to see him perform here on the farm is just going to be wonderful."
Video via LionelRichieVEVO