Mollie King exclusively shares her top festival beauty tips with us
If you follow Mollie King on Instagram, you'll know that she's been living it up at Coachella and no, we're not jealous AT ALL.
Anyway, since we didn't make it stateside this season, it's time to focus on the homegrown festivals coming up and the gorgeous outfits we're going to don in honour of the occasion.
Inspo this way...
Of course, hair and makeup are also part and parcel of the look and so, Mollie's top three tips for festival beauty prep, exclusive to Her, might just come in handy.
"I’ve experimented with hair colour at Coachella and I’ve learnt that if you’re not too confident, have the colour at the back or at the top, with your natural colour at the front framing your face, it’s a good way to ease into coloured hair for the first time.
"Blotting papers as essential to use throughout the day so that you don’t look caked in powder.
"Create a pin curl in the hair at the front to keep volume in the hair while getting ready, then un-pin it before you go out. The hair won’t drop as quickly then".
In case you ever felt like a look inside Mollie's make-up must-haves, we have them all outlined below and as she went along to Coachella with ghd, it's no surprise that her beauty arsenal includes a couple of ghd products.
- ghd platinum tropic sky styler: this is the perfect tool to create festival bohemian waves, for a lived-in hair look. Plus it’s really easy to use and can be used for all different hair styles, from straight to wavy!
- Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Air Soft SPF 30; the nozzle on this SPF spray makes it really easy to use. I’ve always got to wear sun cream and be protected.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream; this is a lovely and light cream that feels silky on my skin. It’s the perfect hydrating prep for festival makeup.
- Taylor Morris sunglasses; These are my go-to sunglasses which are fun and sophisticated; the perfect combination for a festival.
- ghd Root Lift Spray; I love to use this for added lift, volume and texture.
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in Nude Lavalliere; This is a natural coloured lipstick that can be easily reapplied throughout the day without a mirror. And it lasts really well and compliments all looks.
- Estée Lauder Ideal Light Brush-on Illuminator; this is the perfect under eye cover up for the morning after festivals, to give a dewy, highlighted glow.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo; dry shampoo is an essential for when there’s no time or access to a shower in the morning.
- The Gypsy Shrine Mermaid Glitter; for a bit of added sparkle and fun for any festival look, whether on the face or in the hair.
- ghd Final Fix hairspray; I always use ghd final fix hairspray to finish off my hair.
Having had a chat with the ghd gals, we found out there are a few more beauty products Mollie reaches for regularly and the likelihood is you'll recognise all of them...
- MAC Saddle eyeshadow
- Victoria's Secret Shimmer Brush
- Urban Decay Naked Eye Palette
- NARS Bronzing Oil