Sad News For Ennio Morricone Fans As Composer Reschedules Planned Dublin Date 4 years ago

Sad News For Ennio Morricone Fans As Composer Reschedules Planned Dublin Date

There was bad news for fans of Ennio Morricone today, with confirmation that the composer has had to reschedule his upcoming Dublin date.

The cancellation of the planned December concert at the 3Arena has been attributed to a delayed recovery from a back operation and the date has been re-scheduled to Saturday February 7th.

Mr Morricone had been due to resume his tour next month but despite being fully recovered, his doctors have advised him to take some extra time off and not take to the road until February.

"It is with great joy that I can finally say that I have truly, fully recovered. I am most grateful for the loyalty that my audiences around Europe have shown. It was with great sadness that I have had to cancel and reschedule so many concerts during the past year. I am happy to announce though that nearly all of my concerts that were planned for this December will be rescheduled into my tour dates in February and March!" says Morricone.

“I greatly enjoy conducting my music for my dear audiences and I intend to ‘conduct myself’ in recognition of their esteem and lasting patience."

The 86-year-old said he had “had a lot of time on my hands lately” and had been actively preparing the programme for the upcoming concerts.

“Of course, all my best-known work will be performed, but there will be a few interesting surprises too. I will disclose one of those now: besides the usual 170 musicians and singers made up by some of the finest orchestras and choirs that Europe has to offer and the extraordinary soprano Susanna Rigacci, I will be bringing my longtime friend, the great Dulce Pontes on this tour with me!"

All tickets remain valid for the show on Saturday 7th February, with no exchange necessary.