Pub kitchen shut down after Dublin mum dies of suspected food poisoning 6 years ago

Pub kitchen shut down after Dublin mum dies of suspected food poisoning

Gardaí are investigating after a Dublin mother died after enjoying a First Communion meal with her family at a north Dublin pub and restaurant.

The Irish Independent reports that the woman, who was in her 50s, was one of a number of people who became ill after consuming food at a private party at the venue.


She was found dead by her husband, who raised the alarm on Sunday.

The HSE has moved to shut down the kitchens at the restaurant as an investigation into the suspected salmonella outbreak is completed.

A HSE statement issued to the Irish Independent confirmed that it is working with the Food Safety Authority of Ireland to investigate an outbreak of food poisoning due to salmonella.

"An outbreak control team has been formed and an investigation is ongoing," it added.
"Members of the public should contact their GP if they have any concerns regarding their health."


While cases of the illness tends to peak between May and October, overall salmonella outbreaks are in decline, with 269 reported cases in 2015, compared with 349 in 2010.

Usually, symptoms of food poisoning develop after one to three days. The most common symptoms are nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you suspect that you or a member of your family may have food poisoning, contact your doctor immediately.