10 best beaches in Ireland named by Lonely Planet
Ireland is a fairly stunning country, and thank god for that because it looks like we'll be facing another summer of staycations for 2021.
And look lads, that's fine, we can make it work. There's still plenty of places we have yet to visit on our glorious island, including many of its beaches.
Naturally, any kind of coastal activities in this country are weather permitting, but if you don't mind a little drizzle here and there, take note of Lonely Planet's latest list of best beaches in Ireland and make yourself some glorious plans for the summer.
This list is not in any kind of order (although there's not a hope that Killiney Beach would be anywhere near the top if it was).
It is simply a list of decent beaches across the county, and ones that we will absolutely be hitting up once restrictions lift and it is safe to do so.
1. Dog’s Bay/Gurteen Bay, Co Galway
2. Trá Mór, Dunfanaghy, Co Donegal
3. Keem Bay, Achill, Co Mayo
4. Streedagh Strand, Co Sligo
5. Inch Strand, Co Kerry
6. Banna Strand, Co Kerry
7. Trawmore Bay, Achill Island, Co Mayo
8. Ballyquin Beach, Ardmore, Co Waterford
9. Ballymastocker Bay, Co Donegal
10. Killiney Beach, Co Dublin