Model shares image on Instagram after getting infection from a makeup brush 4 years ago

Model shares image on Instagram after getting infection from a makeup brush

A nasty eye infection.

Model Anthea Page has taken to Instagram to tell her followers how she contracted a highly contagious infection after getting her makeup done at a fashion show.

Advertisement

According to METRO UK, model Anthea was struck down with a strain of staphylococcus aureus, that left her with an infection in her eye.

Anthea took to Instagram to write what could be described as an open letter to:

"A letter to makeup artists and those getting their makeup done...".

The Australian native wanted to highlight the importance of clean makeup brushes that are "free of potentially harmful bacteria for the next person".

Anthea had to undergo a course of antibiotics and cancel a number of bookings as a result of the infection.

A letter to makeup artists and those getting their makeup done... I'm not going to sit here pretending I don't like modelling or isn't awesome because it really is and I do almost always have fun on jobs. Models have it good most of the time, especially in Australia however there are health/hygiene risks involved for models and anyone using testers or getting their makeup done people can overlook. I have just been on a fashion show job for the past 4 days and unfortunately even though I had observed unhygienic practises and confronted the qualified artists (who I will not name) I still ended up taking home a nasty eye infection from fashion weekend. I do feel my safety concerns were dismissed as if it was part of my job to put up with these unhealthy conditions. My message is not intended to critique the women who I trusted with my eye and skin health but to raise awareness of importance of hygiene practises amongst artists. If you are getting your makeup done or using any testers, check everything has been cleaned to your standard even if someone scoffs at your concerns. This is not my first time receiving an ailment from a dirty makeup brush and unfortunately in my line of work I doubt it will be the last but please be aware of this if you ever come close to a makeup kit so you can keep yourself safe and healthy. ? Ps - It been diagnosed as a staff infection by the doctor and I'm now on medication ?? #unretouched #nofilter #fuckingsick

A photo posted by ??? (@anthea_page) on

Advertisement

Below is her Instagram post in full:

"A letter to makeup artists and those getting their makeup done... I'm not going to sit here pretending I don't like modelling or isn't awesome because it really is and I do almost always have fun on jobs. Models have it good most of the time, especially in Australia however there are health/hygiene risks involved for models and anyone using testers or getting their makeup done people can overlook.

"I have just been on a fashion show job for the past 4 days and unfortunately even though I had observed unhygienic practises and confronted the qualified artists (who I will not name) I still ended up taking home a nasty eye infection from fashion weekend. I do feel my safety concerns were dismissed as if it was part of my job to put up with these unhealthy conditions.
My message is not intended to critique the women who I trusted with my eye and skin health but to raise awareness of importance of hygiene practises amongst artists.

"If you are getting your makeup done or using any testers, check everything has been cleaned to your standard even if someone scoffs at your concerns. This is not my first time receiving an ailment from a dirty makeup brush and unfortunately in my line of work I doubt it will be the last but please be aware of this if you ever come close to a makeup kit so you can keep yourself safe and healthy. ?

"Ps - It been diagnosed as a staff infection by the doctor and I'm now on medication ?? #unretouched #nofilter #f**kingsick".

Advertisement

Main image via Instagram: Anthea Page