PIC: Teen Suffers Horrific Allergic Reaction To Eyebrow Threading And Dye Treatment 6 years ago

PIC: Teen Suffers Horrific Allergic Reaction To Eyebrow Threading And Dye Treatment

A teen may have permanent facial scarring after suffering from a severe allergic reaction to an eyebrow threading and tinting treatment.

Dancer Polly Smith attended a salon to have her brows threaded and dyed. Taking a sample skin test, Polly had no reaction and proceeded with her appointment.

Advertisement

It was only hours later that the 19-year old noticed her eyebrows were turning red and itchy, and when she awoke the next morning, her eyes were so swollen they were shut closed.

Speaking to The Mirror, Polly said:

"It was horrible. One day I would be OK and kind of be able to laugh about it but then I would break down in tears.”

skin 2

Advertisement

The skin allergy later became infected, making Polly’s brows turn yellow and scab over.

Doctors have since told Polly that she may be scarred for life, which could affect the performer when she goes to auditions.

She has since been prescribed a series of antibiotics, steroids and antihistamines to reduce the swelling and bring down the infection.

Thinking of getting your own brows done?

Advertisement

Always book into a professional salon and alert your salon to any skin allergies or sensitivities before starting treatments.

Images via Cosmopolitan