This easy DIY hair mask will see you through the summer months
It's so easy and you already have the ingredients.
We've heard about using eggs on your hair before but to be honest we've been reluctant to get involved, mostly because of the mess. Lately, with the sheer HEAT of the country, it's been harder and harder to keep our hair looking shiny and vibrant rather than sweaty and oily! With festival season in full swing, we really need to up our hair game.
Having lorried our way through eight cans of dry shampoo so far this month we thought enough is enough... we want vibrancy.
This is a really simple at home remedy that you can throw together and see results INSTANTLY:
What you'll need:
- Eggs and olive oil (no need to even go to the shop then)
What to do:
- Separate 2 egg whites from their yolks, this step is crucial as the yolk will be too rich and actually increase the production of oil in your scalp
- Whisk the egg with around a tablespoon of olive oil (depending on the length of your hair if it's short reduce the oil by half)
- Apply the mixture to damp hair and leave on for around 30 minutes
- Shampoo your hair and dry as normal (make sure you use cool water... we don't want scrambled eggs on our head)
After you dry your hair you'll be feeling all kinds of glamorous, don't overdo it though, we recommend using this mask once a week at the very most.
Dry shampoo... BE GONE.