Harry and Meghan's Oprah interview to be "re-edited" following loss of titles
"They didn’t see it coming and spoke as they still had roles to play."
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may have to re-edited their big interview with Oprah Winfrey.
It was announced by Buckingham Palace on Friday that both Meghan and Harry have officially quit the Royal Family, meaning that the Duke will lose his military titles.
A source has since said that the interview has now been "significantly" edited."
They told The Mirror: "When the Duke and Duchess spoke to Oprah, it was never envisaged they would have their patronages taken away. They didn’t see it coming and spoke as they still had roles to play."
Aside from this, there is also a chance that the couple may have to reshoot parts of the interview, because none of this news was discussed. “Now, however, other than their titles, they are to have no role in royal life - a point producers know was not discussed when Winfrey spoke to them," said the source.
"Neither the Sussexes nor the TV crew saw the fallout of their interview leading to this. Harry and Meghan thought they would retain their roles. But things have significantly changed for them since they eagerly sat for Winfrey and poured their hearts out.
“The fact she has been with them at such an intense time has given her a unique insight into the rift with the royals. The drama of last week means that Oprah’s tell-all show will be pure box office gold. But it’s time for other royals to hide behind the sofa. The interview took place on Wednesday and Thursday.”
Meghan and Harry made headlines all over the world last year when they announced they were quitting the royal family, and wanted to become financially independent.
The pair have since moved to the US and signed multiple lucrative deals including a podcast with Spotify that's reported to be worth £30m. They've also signed a rumoured $112 million deal with Netflix.
The couple's interview will air in the US on March 7.