Butterbeer hot chocolate is now a thing and we might as well be in Hogwarts
It will make you feel like you're in the Three Broomsticks.
Muggles can now create their very own taste of Hogwarts - and we couldn't be more excited.
While we were delighted to hear all about the Harry Potter-inspired secret Starbucks menu last month, we felt like there was one thing missing: hot chocolate.
With the temperatures getting colder still, there's nothing better than to snuggle up with a cosy mug of cocoa and switch on a movie.
And what could be more enchanting than a Harry Potter-inspired hot chocolate?
We reckon Harry, Ron and Hermione would definitely approve.
- 4 cups of half and half cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
Here's how to get started....
- Combine half and half, and milk in a medium saucepan.
- Let milk mixture start to hear up on a medium heat.
- After about 2 minutes, add butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, vanilla, and caramel.
- Keep stirring mixture slowly, until all chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips have melted, and the hot chocolate is warmed up.
- Do not bring to a boil.
- As soon as the chips are all melted, you are good to go.
- Pour Butterbeer Hot Chocolate into mugs. Top it with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and a few butterscotch chips for something really enchanting.
Recipe/Photo via SavvyIntheKitchen.