Forget Dalgona coffee - here's how to make a Dalgona espresso martini
Have you tried the Dalgona coffee recipe yet?
If you're on TikTok, you probably have. It's frothy, it's tasty, and it actually works if you use the right ingredients to make it properly.
Dalgona coffee has become a bit of a hit - a trend, if you will - among the youth. And seeing as the vast majority of coffee shops are closed, its existence couldn't have come at a better time.
But what if a Dalgona coffee could be even more delicious? What if a few extra additions turned it from so-so to #SoGood?
And what if those additions were alcoholic?
Well, you're in luck because the guys over at Courvoisier VSOP have created a stunning Dalgona espresso martini recipe that's sure to make you forget all about the fact that you're not in a bar at all.
You're in your home. Maybe even alone. But hey, listen - you've got a cocktail now.
The drink was created by spirits and cocktail specialist, Lucy Morton, who caught the creative bug and decided to experiment with her very own alcoholic take on this coffee favourite.
Taking inspiration from the classic Courvoisier espresso martini and giving it a Dalgona twist, Lucy created the serve using just a few simple ingredients, resulting in a truly unique and indulgent cocktail that boasts that iconic thick whipped coffee head.
Can't think of anything better, in fairness.
You will need:
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 50ml milk
- 50ml Courvoisier VSOP
- 25ml vanilla/caramel/butterscotch syrup OR 12.5 ml vanilla essence and 12.5ml sugar syrup
1. Whisk the coffee, sugar and water together until it reaches a light brown colour and peaks form when removing whisk.
2. In a cocktail shaker, add the 25ml vanilla/caramel/butterscotch syrup OR 12.5ml vanilla essence and 12.5ml sugar syrup together with the milk and Courvoisier VSOP.
3. Shake with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass.
4. Spoon over Dalgona mixture and top with coffee or chocolate.
5. Enjoy, yeah?
Courvoisier is available to buy in Tesco.