How to make your own McDonald's sausage and egg McMuffin at home
McDonald's have revealed how to make your own sausage and egg McMuffin at home - and yeah, we're definitely trying this ASAP.
On March 22, the restaurant announced that all of its outlets in Ireland and the UK would be closing indefinitely due to the coronavirus.
And while people can't get the real-deal version of the sausage and egg McMuffin at the moment, McDonald's have revealed how to whip one up at home yourself.
- English Muffin
- 75g Sausage Meat
- One slice of American Cheese
- Season the meat with a pinch of salt and pepper, then shape it into balls. Flatten them into a patty, then cook under a pre-heated grill for around six to seven minutes on each side - or as advised on the packaging.
- Brush the inside of a metal ring with a little bit of oil, then place it in a small frying pan. Pour in a little bit of water - just enough to cover the base - and then bring it to a boil. Crack the egg into the ring (or rings, if you're making multiple eggs), then cover the pan for two to three minutes.
- Toast the english muffin until golden brown.
- Assemble the breakfast dish by layering the patty and the egg on top of a slice of cheese.
And, because it wouldn't be a sausage and egg McMuffin without a hash brown, McDonald's have shared how to make your own version of the breakfast go-to - all you need is a potato and an egg.
- To make a hash brown, grate the potato into a bowl. Mix in an egg, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan and then add spoonsful of the mix. Flatten and cook until golden brown on both sides.
You can check out the recipe card from McDonald's below.