This recipe for Baileys chocolate cookies will make your Christmas
As if we weren't stuffed enough already, we have set our eyes on this Baileys chocolate cookie recipe, and honestly, we want them ASAP.
Baileys is one of those drinks that you mainly have at Christmas. It's always in the family household and goes down a treat when sitting by the fire... so why not add chocolate into the mix.
We came across this recipe on Gimme Some Oven, and honestly, it's probably the only thing that will get us up from the couch this evening.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp Baileys
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Using an electric mixer, use the paddle attachment to cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add in the Baileys one tablespoon at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add the dry ingredient mixture, and continue mixing until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
- Roll or scoop into balls and set on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 180C for 8-10 minutes. Remove and carefully transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool. Keep remaining dough refrigerated until use.