The mozzarella and chilli stuffed puff pastry that may literally change your life
Is there any problem a load of puff pastry can't solve?
It's flakey, it's buttery, it's delicious enough that you could have legit have just had your heart ripped out and if somebody handed you a fresh sausage roll you'd just forget all about your pain and be focused on what was entering your mouth instead.
Anyway, pastry's all well and good until you consider that it's often quite hard and strenuous to create a delicious pastry-based meal from the comfort of your home.
Except, it's really not. Because pre-rolled puff pastry exists and you may as well use it to your advantage to create a stunning spicy mozzarella and sun-dried tomato puff pastry.
You absolutely will not regret it.
Anyway, here's how to make it. You're welcome.
You will need:
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 puff pastry roll
- 1 ball of mozzarella (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- Some red cheddar
- Some chillies (chopped)
- Some sun-dried tomatoes (whole)
- Some paprika
- Hot curry powder
- Additional: chicken/Quorn chicken pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Fry up your onion, your chillies, and your garlic until they're all soft enough. Add in your sun-dried tomatoes and chicken/Quorn pieces if you're using them along with the spices. Simmer all for a few minutes and then put aside to cool.
2. Roll out your puff pastry sheet in a tin and wait until your filling is totally cooled before spooning into the sheet, ensuring space between the edges.
3. Place your sliced mozzarella on top of the mixture and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Fold the whole thing together into a roll (if you can manage it) or just a giant mound (if you can't). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Cut open from the middle and take a Boomerang as the cheese oozes out.
Got to get that content.