This recipe will show you how to cook the perfect lamb dinner this weekend
If you're looking for the perfect lamb recipe look no further.
Lamb is one of the most traditional Sunday meals in Ireland and if you're planning on cooking this dish for your family you can't go wrong with this recipe.
Created by Fused founder Fiona Uyema this recipe will see you cooking a delicious meal that everyone will be raving about.
4 lamb chops
Rapeseed oil, for frying
4 sweet potatoes
Salt & pepper, to season
For the dressing
2 teaspoon Japanese soy sauce
2 teaspoons orange zest
4 tablespoons orange juice
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon olive oil
Few handfuls of pomegranate seeds
Freshly chopped parsley
1. Preheat a fan oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Wash a whole sweet potato and then pat dry with kitchen paper. Using a sharp knife, make a few slits on the skin. Place a few tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl and add salt and pepper to season. Mix well and rub onto the skin of the sweet potato. Wrap in tin foil and place in the oven for about 60 minutes or until cooked. Cut in half before serving.
3. Heat the rapeseed oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Place the lamb chops on the pan and fry on each side for at least 3 minutes depending on how you like your meat cooked (3 minutes on each side will leave the meat medium-rare).
4. Mix all the ingredients for the yuzu & pomegranate dressing in a small bowl.
5. Place the lamb chops and baked sweet potato on a large serving dish. Drizzle over the dressing just before serving and decorate with freshly chopped parsley.