This super-healthy ice cream recipe will save your waistline this summer
Few things say summer like a bowl of creamy, cold and deliciously fresh ice cream.
The thing is though, much as we all love us some ice cream to cool down on hot days, everyone's favourite summertime treat tends to also be on fairly high in both sugar and calories.
Which, you know, is less great if you are trying to stay healthy during bikini season...
But don't worry, we have found the perfect replacement for your regular, store bought ice cream. And not only is this vegan ice cream super-healthy, full of vitamins and tastes like a tropical holiday, it is also super-easy to make, meaning you can whip this treat up again and again and again.
CANTALOUPE ICE CREAM RECIPE
4 cups chopped cantaloupe (skin and seeds removed) about 1 small cantaloupe
1 can coconut milk (refrigerated overnight and the watery juice discarded)
2-3 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp madagascar vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
1. Open the can of coconut milk and you'll notice that there is a thick coconut cream in one end of the can and water/liquid in the other. Use only the thick cream.
2. Combine everything into a high-speed blender container.
3. Blend on high until completely mixed.
4. Put into an ice cream maker.
5. Eat immediately and store the rest in the freezer.
(Recipe via Puremamas.squarespace.com)
(Feature image via Snixykitchen.com)