Bake It Good: Poached Rhubarb, Homemade Granola and Vanilla Yoghurt
Rejoice, rejoice, rhubarb season has arrived!
The return of one of our favourite fruits is a sign that Springtime has well and truly arrived in Ireland.
So if you're planning a spot of weekend baking, pick up some stalks from the supermarket, or head into the garden and start chopping.
Check out this gorgeous recipe for poached rhubarb, homemade granola and vanilla yoghurt from the brand new Spring menu at Marcel's on Merrion Row.
This recipe serves 2.
For the Granola:
- 10g Hazelnuts Crushed
- 10g Pistachios Crushed
- 10g Walnuts Crushed
- 10g Flaked Almonds
- 25 Mixed Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc.)
- 25g Vegetable Oil
- 25g Brown Sugar
- 50g Maple syrup
- 50g Oats
Bake at 160 C for 30 Mins, mixing thoroughly every 10 mins. This recipe will make plenty so keep some back for breakfasts!
For the Sugar Syrup:
- 200g water
- 150g Granulated Sugar
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 vanilla Pod split, de-seeded, (retain the seeds)
- Bring the sugar syrup ingredients to the boil and then turn down to a simmer.
- Add 6 sticks of rhubarb peeled and chopped and let it simmer on a low heat till the rhubarb is tender. This will take 10-15 minutes.
- For the Vanilla Yoghurt, buy some good quality natural yoghurt and add the vanilla seeds retained earlier, add a little of the poaching liquid to add desired sweetness.
- In a bowl add the Vanilla Yoghurt, and sprinkle on some of the Granola and top with the poached rhubarb.