8 years ago
Food For Thought: A Quick Recipe For Indian Chicken Curry
Kicking off your weekend, it can be hard to stay on the right eating track when you’re trying to squeeze in catch-ups, gym time and your daily to-do lists!
Each week, we’ll bring you one quick recipe with lots of health benefits. Using common ingredients you’ll find in the fridge, press (or local shop at a push!), take the hassle out of home-cooking with this fast meal.
This week… a quick and tasty chicken curry (that’ll be ready before the take-away delivery!)
- 1 kg chicken
- 3 large onions, chopped finely
- 2 large tomatoes, pureed
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onion, garlic & ginger paste till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes pureed. When the tomato puree dries up, add coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Add finely chopped chill for added spice. Let the spices cook.
- Add chicken pieces into the masala. Stir well and cook till they are golden brown.
- Add tin of coconut milk and stir. Cover with a lid and let it simmer till the chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.
Prepare some brown rice for side, or eating paleo? Here’s a quick and easy way to make cauliflower rice.
Recipe adapted from NDTV