Ireland's Best Takeaways Have Been Announced - Has Your Local Made The Cut?
We love takeaways, and we like to think they love us back.
Over the past couple of months, the people of Ireland have been voting for their favourite takeaway restaurants, and the winners were announced last week at our new favourite award ceremony, the JUST EAT National Takeaway Awards.
We'll start with the important stuff. Our beloved (and previously under-appreciated) Spice Bag was voted Ireland's favourite takeaway dish.
Everyone's favourite spicy bag of goodness beat out Tikka Masala, Meat Feast Pizza, Chicken Balls and Green Curry to win the coveted title. Finally, #justicefortheSpiceBag.
The other big winner of the night was Apache Pizza, which was voted best takeaway in Ireland.
Macari’s won the Best Takeaway Chipper award, Saba to Go was voted best healthy takeaway option, and Subway won Best Takeaway lunch.
Other winners on the night included Camile Thai for Best Thai Takeaway and Tony’s Pizzeria in Louth won the award for the Best Takeaway Pizza.
Check out the complete list of winners below:
- Best Takeaway Chinese – Lin Kee
- Best Takeaway Indian – Bombay Pantry
- Best Takeaway Thai – Camile Thai
- Best Takeaway Pizza – Tony’s Pizzeria
- Best Takeaway Chipper – Macari’s
- Best Takeaway Mexican – Boojum
- Best Takeaway Sushi – YO! Sushi
- Best Takeaway American – Eddie Rockets
- Best Takeaway Healthy – Saba To Go
- Best Takeaway Lunchtime – Subway
- Best Takeaway Dublin – Mango Tree
- Best Takeaway Leinster – Mizzoni’s Pizza
- Best Takeaway Munster – Four Star Pizza
- Best Takeaway Connaught – Apache Pizza
- Best Takeaway Ulster – Burrito Loco
- Best Takeaway Reviews – Namaste India
- Ireland’s Favourite Dish – Spice Bag
Anybody else not cooking tonight? Whatever your favourite takeaway is, you can get it at JUSTEAT.