RECIPE: Calling All Chocolate Lovers! You Need To Make THis Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Of all the many chocolatey treats in the world, this one is by far and away our favourite at the moment. It's really easy to make, incredibly tasty and it's a major crowd pleaser.
It must be served with a steaming hot cup of tea. Check out the simple recipe below.
Good luck, and tweet us a photo if you're making these at home!
175g (6oz) Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
250g (8.8oz) Dark Chocolate (55-79% cocoa solids cut into pieces)
280g (10oz) Rich Tea Biscuits
85g (3oz) Raisins
85g (3oz) Chopped Roasted Hazelnuts
- Lightly grease a 23cm (9in) cake tin.
- Melt the butter, golden syrup and chocolate in the microwave or in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a very low heat, and then stir until smooth.
- Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin, but leave some slightly larger chunks, and tip into the melted chocolate mixture with the raisins and hazelnuts.
- Stir well.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the prepared tin, pressing it down well to get a smooth even surface.
- When cool, chill in the fridge, then cut into squares and serve with tea!
This recipe is brought to you by Kerrygold. To be in with a chance of winning some great prizes including a cookery class & stay at Ballymaloe and lots of Kerrygold goodies, simply share a cooking tip, skill or recipe that has been passed on to you through generations by family and friends using #NuggetsOfGold on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tag @KerrygoldIrl.