The 10 most common arguments people have when playing Monopoly
We've all had them.
Christmas is intended to be time spent catching up with family but in reality, it's usually a time for arguing with them.
There are several reasons for this, from the overcrowded house to bad gifts to high alcohol consumption, but board games are definitely a contributing factor.
Monopoly is probably the most dangerous board game to have in your home at Christmas as it's notorious for causing fights.
This is so true, in fact, that Hasbro has set up a helpline to stop bust-ups this Christmas.
The helpline will open from December 24 to 26 and is there for families who get heated during the game.
This is following a survey which found that 51% of Monopoly games end in debate.
If you want to avoid a row over the Christmas while playing this game, stick to the rules provided as ‘making up the rules as they go along’ is the biggest cause of conflict.
The survey of 2,000 people found the 10 most common things that cause arguments in the board game.
The list is as follows, keep it in mind during your next game.
1. People making up rules
2. People being too cocky when winning
3. Someone buying a property you want, even when they don't need it
4. People taking too long to take their turn
5. Someone stealing from the bank
6. Someone deliberately miscounting their move
7. Who gets to be the banker
8. The property auction process
9. Choice over tokens
10. What the rules of "Free Parking" are